With the kind of technology we have today, online medical treatment of all kinds, including counseling is gaining popularity. In case of providing online therapy, there are ace organizations like BetterHelp which is the largest e-counseling platform online. The procedure is much like regular in-person counseling apart from the fact that you don’t meet the therapist in-person. BetterHelp is rated highly and they have already gained hundreds of clients who have successfully relieved themselves of all mental health issues. Read on to know more on BetterHelp and how it is better than, different and similar to traditional counseling.
BetterHelp – How is it similar to traditional counseling?
- Accredited counselors: All the counselors who are working with BetterHelp are accredited and licensed and they have same credentials and training which you would be offered when you met a local therapist.
- Cost: There are few insurance companies which cover BetterHelp. In case they don’t pay for BetterHelp charges for treatment, they will offer you insurance copays.
- Plans for treatment: The online counselors develop plans for treatment in a similar manner as you would get in a local office.
BetterHelp – How is it different from traditional counseling?
- Methods of communication: Since the sessions of BetterHelp are held online as against the brick and mortar companies, the clients have to communicate with their therapist through online methods like text messages, phone calls or video conferences.
- More frequent contact: When you go for traditional sessions, they’re held weekly but when you seek help of BetterHelp, you can communicate and stay in touch with the therapist whenever you feel like. You can message the therapist and he is bound to reply back to you as per his convenience.
Making an appointment with BetterHelp
While you sign up with BetterHelp, you have to feed in your information about the type of help you’re seeking. Here’s a step-by-step process.
- Start on the ‘Get Started’ Page: On the left hand side of the page or on the upper right hand side of the page, click on ‘Get Started’.
- Choose additional preferences: Utilize the checkboxes to add your preferences so that you can land up with the most perfect professional.
- Sign up with BetterHelp: Once you click on the ‘next’ button, you will reach a screen where you will sign up with BetterHelp to find out the potential therapist who has been selected for you.
So, now that you’re aware of the ways in which you can sign up with BetterHelp, what are you waiting for? Take into account the steps and get help from their expert professionals.…