IT outsourcing is the provision of services relating to maintenance and support of the IT infrastructure of an organization through an external specialized company.
IT outsourcing is the provision of services relating to maintenance and support of the IT infrastructure of an organization through an external specialized company. Such firms offer a wide range of services including installing networks, fixing problems with servers and computer equipment, professional consulting, also optimization, monitoring and auditing. Such services allow you to shift some duties from the staff members to qualified specialists and give more time for projects management. Speaking of IT outsourcing pros, it helps to save money and control the accomplishment of tasks. Most importantly, dependence on a certain employee disappears.
Depending on the goals the outsourcing company sets, there are the following types of IT services:
- Resource outsourcing (staff outsourcing) implies that the client company uses services for the selection of highly qualified specialists. The supplier provides all the necessary resources, if necessary, and, accordingly, is solely responsible for the result.
- Functional outsourcing – more efficient but at the same time more complex than the first type of IT outsourcing. It can improve the quality of IT services and the efficiency of managing your expenses.
- Strategic outsourcing means a complete transfer of management of IT services to the outsourcing company.
What is IT outsourcing useful for?
- For startups to ensure the stable operation of the infrastructure and further development of the network;
- For a company at the stage of qualitative growth, when the tasks get too complicated and require help of professionals;
- For a stable organization, as a replacement for and a supplement to existing support to improve the quality of service delivery.
High-quality and timely maintenance of the IT infrastructure makes it possible to avoid stopping business processes. IT outsourcing can be useful in any legal entity such as online stores, manufacturing enterprises, trade organizations etc. Failures in the existing network equipment can lead to downtime and significant financial losses. The outsourcing company will help you solve such problems by ensuring the smooth operation of the entire system.