Although the Google-formulated Go (golang) language has branched out into industries these types of as finance and media, substantially of its usage remains concentrated in the technological innovation marketplace itself, according to the Go Developer 2019 Study.
A report showcasing benefits of the survey was revealed on April twenty. Forty-a few % of respondents reported doing the job in the technological innovation sector whilst 12 % were being in financial services, nine % in media/gaming, and seven % in retail/shopper packaged items.
A substantial majority of respondents reported Go was doing the job nicely for their teams (86 %) and that they would favor to use Go for their up coming job (89 %). Fifty-9 % described Go as crucial to the achievement of their companies.
Other findings in the survey incorporate:
- The most widespread areas of use for Go were being net improvement (sixty six %), databases (forty five %), and network programming (42 %).
- The most widespread specific works by using of Go were being building API/RPC solutions (seventy one %) and CLIs (sixty two %).
- The most-cited factors respondents were being not able to use Go additional were being doing the job on a job in a different language (56 %), doing the job with a group that prefers a different language (37 %), and the absence of a crucial feature in Go (twenty five %). Amongst the latter, generics was cited by 79 % as the crucial lacking feature.
- Requested to establish as lots of as five of their favored languages, respondents cited Go, Python, Rust, Java, and C#, in that buy.
- Requested to establish their main improvement platforms, 31 % reported acquiring with Go only on Linux, followed by 26 % using only MacOS and nine % using only Home windows.
- Utilization of the a few greatest world-wide cloud providers (Amazon Web Products and services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure) is trending up among Go developers. On-premises deployments to self-owned or company-owned servers carry on to reduce and are now statistically tied with AWS as the most-widespread deployment targets.
- AWS EC2 (65 %) and Google Kubernetes Engine (64 %) were being the most widespread deployment mechanisms.
- Visual Studio Code was the most-favored editor among Go developers, cited by 41 %. The runner-up was Goland/IntelliJ at 34 %.
All instructed, The Go Developer Study 2019 Study fielded 10,975 respondents, though not all completed the entire survey. The quantity of respondents was virtually two times as substantial as the prior 12 months.
Copyright © 2020 IDG Communications, Inc.