Microsoft’s Visual Studio Code 1.fifty five, the latest model of the company’s common code editor, features improvements to breakpoints, consequently increasing person manage.
Printed March 31, Visual Studio Code 1.fifty five exhibits an inline menu for enhancing circumstances and hit counts for function breakpoints. Beforehand, the inline edit button would pick the issue to edit mechanically. With the improvement, the menu should make movement less difficult and give additional manage to the person. Also, VS Code’s generic debugger UI now supports all info breakpoint accessibility types defined in the Debug Adapter Protocol as context menu actions in the Variables see.
Other improvements in Visual Studio Code 1.fifty five:
- For accessibility, original display reader aid has been added for several cursors. Also, the quantity of traces that a “Say All” command can read through has been elevated to 1,000 traces. It experienced been 100 traces. Extra upstream fixes are still wanted, having said that, in buy to have no restrict at all.
- Icons for MacOS Large Sur have been updated, to match the model of Large Sur.
- Tab editor decorations now are on by default. To configure, use
- The Keyboard Shortcuts editor now is refactored to use the new table widget, so buyers can resize columns in the editor.
- For extension management, VS Code now detects extensions installed or uninstalled as a result of the VS Code CLI. Extensions can be activated or deactivated in the lively window and will be exhibited in the Extensions see.
- The terminal now supports defined profiles, showing in the terminal’s dropdown, to launch non-default shells.
- Customers can pick out several cells in a Notebook utilizing the mouse (
Change+Click on) or keyboard shortcuts (
Change+Arrow). When several cells are selected, builders then can slash, duplicate, paste, move, or duplicate selected cells.
VS Code 1.fifty five follows VS Code 1.54, which was posted March 4 and introduced Apple Silicon aid.
Copyright © 2021 IDG Communications, Inc.